Frank C. Vilbrandt endowed professor
- Alumni distinguished professor
- Ph.D., Princeton University, 1974
- M.S., Tufts University, 1970
- B.S., National Taiwan University, 1967
- Artificial intelligence, neural networks, multivariate statistics, machine learning, and big data analytics with applications to bioprocessing and chemical process industries.
- Design, simulation and optimization of refining, polymer, biodiesel, adsorptive, chromatographic and CO2 capture processes
- Process synthesis and integration with applications to energy savings, water reuse, wastewater minimization, and hydrogen resource optimization.
- Process system engineering (PSE) with applications to process and product design, advanced process control, supply-chain optimization, asset performance management, computational chemistry and molecular engineering.